Columbia vs Penn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Penn or Columbia?

• Penn

• Columbia

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

dentalgirl6500

Debating between these two. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Both are great although expensive programs that will get you where you want to be. It comes down to location, how much do you like the school, and if you can stand being there for 4 years.

My personal subjective opinion is I prefer Columbia due to the fact that I love NYC. But thats narrow-minded.

Reactions: 1 user
First of all. Congratulations are in order. Great Job!
Both Universities are great. Both of them are in the major cities.
Both of them are Ivy Leagues!
I will vote for Columbia again because of New York. It's an awesome place! But I've been to Pennsylvania as well; it's very nice as well.
You can check this website, to get full details about both of them.
Now one other factor to consider.
I think it depends on how much you love president-elect Trump.
As he is Upen alumni and this might count as a good thing or a bad thing to some people.
Also, New York voted aginst trump which is where he lives while Pennsylvania voted for Trump. I don't know if that means anything for you.
I am really kidding right now.. :D

By the way. Do you mind sharing your dat scores and GPA and some more facts about you so we can learn from your experience, thanks in advance?

Members don't see this ad :)
25AA and 3.73 oGPA.
TONS of research experience (thousands of hours) and lots of unique community service/leadership experience

Reactions: 2 users
PM me if you want any info about Penn.

Penn gives out deans scholarship while Columbia doesnt. I know a girl who already had scholarship in one of californian schools (probably ucla or pacific) and she applied to ny schools just to see if one of them is willing to pay her if she goes there.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Penn gives out deans scholarship while Columbia doesnt. I know a girl who already had scholarship in one of californian schools (probably ucla or pacific) and she applied to ny schools just to see if one of them is willing to pay her if she goes there.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got the Deans but only 10k/year so not much of a difference with Columbia

To be honest, I liked UPENN way more than Columbia. I felt like the students were more "taken care of" and with the clinics being renovated by the time we enroll, it'd be too hard to pass up.

I hear Columbia is better and cheaper overall!

I got the Deans but only 10k/year so not much of a difference with Columbia

Any interest in OMFS? I would choose Columbia in that case cause their medical curriculum would give you much greater advantage when taking NBME CBSE.

Any interest in OMFS? I would choose Columbia in that case cause their medical curriculum would give you much greater advantage when taking NBME CBSE.
I have a slight interest, but it's very minimal. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do.

Poll has been added!

I felt like the students were more "taken care of" and with the clinics being renovated by the time we enroll, it'd be too hard to pass up
Class of 2021 at Columbia will also have a brand new, state-of-the-art clinic. Building renovation will be completed within the next two years.

25AA and 3.73 oGPA.
TONS of research experience (thousands of hours) and lots of unique community service/leadership experience
can you provide some of the "unique" community service/leadership that you did!! Thanks in advanced :love::claps: