Columbia!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I GOT IN!!!!

Holy crap I am so psyched! I just got home and got the letter. It came Priority Mail (big white envelope with a manilla envelope inside). It came with some Financial Aid stuff, ID card stuff, etc.

I am in Suffolk County on Long Island (about an hour away from NYC), so the mail from the city comes pretty quickly.

I hope everyone else hears good news too! Now I'm gonna go get drunk!

Members don't see this ad.

congrats Rugger81! :)

first to offer you congrats

Members don't see this ad :)
Rugger81 said:
I GOT IN!!!!

Holy crap I am so psyched! I just got home and got the letter. It came Priority Mail (big white envelope with a manilla envelope inside). It came with some Financial Aid stuff, ID card stuff, etc.

I am in Suffolk County on Long Island (about an hour away from NYC), so the mail from the city comes pretty quickly.

Heyooooo first acceptance, congratulations! Now you're going to need to give us as many details as possible (your stats, how your interview went, etc. etc. etc. etc.) NOW! Do this before you're drunk if possible.

Rugger81 said:
I GOT IN!!!!

Congrats Rugger81!!!!!!! :clap:

CONGRATS!!! i'm about to go check my mail right now, but i'm in texas, so i'm not expecting anything until at least tomorrow. is columbia your top choice thus far?

CONGRATS rugger!!!! See, i told you frantz liked rugby...... :thumbup:

my roommate told me there was no mail for me today so i guess i'll find out tomorrow (in cambridge). I'm trying to lay off the SDN boards now that my insanity has reached a new peak and my self-esteem has reached a new low but i just couldn't help coming on to congratulate you. that's so awesome!!!

PhotoMD said:
Heyooooo first acceptance, congratulations! Now you're going to need to give us as many details as possible (your stats, how your interview went, etc. etc. etc. etc.) NOW!

Even more importantly....are you in the "I received handwritten communication in the mail before acceptance" category???

Congrats Rugger!!! I knew you'd get in ;) ! Now, you can celebrate (although we'll be sorry to lose you over at the "Oh, Columbia" anxious people unite! thread)!

PhotoMD said:
Heyooooo first acceptance, congratulations! Now you're going to need to give us as many details as possible (your stats, how your interview went, etc. etc. etc. etc.) NOW! Do this before you're drunk if possible.

haha ok, before I hit the bottle:

Here are my stats:

GPA 3.62
Sci GPA 3.74
Chemistry major, graduated Holy Cross in '03
37N mcat

I interviewed with Frantz in November. It went really well. We talked about Holy Cross (my undergrad), teaching high school (my current job), rugby, multiple sclerosis (a family member has it). It was a great interview. My tour guide was kind of weird, but I still loved the place. Hope this helps.

bidster said:
Even more importantly....are you in the "I received handwritten communication in the mail before acceptance" category???

No, no handwritten communiques. haha. Just a typed letter from Dr. Frantz thanking me for my thank you note (if you can follow that). Got the "keeping you strongly in mind" stuff.

Rugger81 said:
haha ok, before I hit the bottle:

Here are my stats:

GPA 3.62
Sci GPA 3.74
Chemistry major, graduated Holy Cross in '03
37N mcat

I interviewed with Frantz in November. It went really well. We talked about Holy Cross (my undergrad), teaching high school (my current job), rugby, multiple sclerosis (a family member has it). It was a great interview. My tour guide was kind of weird, but I still loved the place. Hope this helps.

awesome congrats!!

I think i need to lay off the board for a few days before i go totally insane

congrats congrats congrats..i know 3 folks from Holy Cross, 2 of whom worked in my lab and another who works over at HMS...congrats there rugger..congrats!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
well done!! its so good to see that this process actually *works* sometimes - work your ass off, have the personality and such to boot and you get into an awesome school.... congrats! :) :)

Rugger81 said:
I GOT IN!!!!

Congrats Rugger81!!! I just came home and got the same packet too! I am soooo excited!!!! :D

Good luck to all! :luck:

lulubean said:
Congrats Rugger81!!! I just came home and got the same packet too! I am soooo excited!!!! :D

Good luck to all! :luck:

Where do you live, lulubean? (ie. how far did the letter have to travel?)

Anxiously waiting in SF, CA...

BTW: Congratulations! That is awesome news.

congrats rugger, by the way your rugby team was garbage when it was in existence

tommerbommer said:
Where do you live, lulubean? (ie. how far did the letter have to travel?)

Anxiously waiting in SF, CA...

BTW: Congratulations! That is awesome news.

thanks! i actually live about 12 blocks from the school. best of luck for your letter - hope its good news!!!

dewzen said:
by the way your rugby team was garbage when it was in existence

well, i disagree. but if our performace on the pitch lacked it was only because we spent more time practicing with the keg (and the reason we were disbanded, might i add).

fair enough

anyway, we'll have plenty to practice both next fall. see you on the pitch

Nice to see 2 more ruggers headed to NYC to continue on the pitch.

Waitlisted, letter dated March 1st, arrived in my campus mailbox (Hanover, NH) this afternoon