Columbia!!!

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
    I GOT IN!!!!

Holy crap I am so psyched! I just got home and got the letter. It came Priority Mail (big white envelope with a manilla envelope inside). It came with some Financial Aid stuff, ID card stuff, etc.

I am in Suffolk County on Long Island (about an hour away from NYC), so the mail from the city comes pretty quickly.

I hope everyone else hears good news too! Now I'm gonna go get drunk!

About the Ads

PhotoMD

15+ Year Member
    Dec 1, 2004
    NYC
    1. Medical Student
      Rugger81 said:
      I GOT IN!!!!

Holy crap I am so psyched! I just got home and got the letter. It came Priority Mail (big white envelope with a manilla envelope inside). It came with some Financial Aid stuff, ID card stuff, etc.

I am in Suffolk County on Long Island (about an hour away from NYC), so the mail from the city comes pretty quickly.

Heyooooo first acceptance, congratulations! Now you're going to need to give us as many details as possible (your stats, how your interview went, etc. etc. etc. etc.) NOW! Do this before you're drunk if possible.

bidster

15+ Year Member
      May 29, 2003
        Rugger81 said:
        I GOT IN!!!!

Congrats Rugger81!!!!!!! :clap:

CarleneM

patent pending
        10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Jul 1, 2004
        Watertown, MA
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          CONGRATS rugger!!!! See, i told you frantz liked rugby...... :thumbup:

my roommate told me there was no mail for me today so i guess i'll find out tomorrow (in cambridge). I'm trying to lay off the SDN boards now that my insanity has reached a new peak and my self-esteem has reached a new low but i just couldn't help coming on to congratulate you. that's so awesome!!!

bidster

15+ Year Member
          May 29, 2003
            PhotoMD said:
            Heyooooo first acceptance, congratulations! Now you're going to need to give us as many details as possible (your stats, how your interview went, etc. etc. etc. etc.) NOW!

Even more importantly....are you in the "I received handwritten communication in the mail before acceptance" category???

ms2209

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Apr 24, 2004
              Congrats Rugger!!! I knew you'd get in ;) ! Now, you can celebrate (although we'll be sorry to lose you over at the "Oh, Columbia" anxious people unite! thread)!

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Jun 7, 2004
                PhotoMD said:
                Heyooooo first acceptance, congratulations! Now you're going to need to give us as many details as possible (your stats, how your interview went, etc. etc. etc. etc.) NOW! Do this before you're drunk if possible.

haha ok, before I hit the bottle:

Here are my stats:

GPA 3.62
                Sci GPA 3.74
                Chemistry major, graduated Holy Cross in '03
                37N mcat

I interviewed with Frantz in November. It went really well. We talked about Holy Cross (my undergrad), teaching high school (my current job), rugby, multiple sclerosis (a family member has it). It was a great interview. My tour guide was kind of weird, but I still loved the place. Hope this helps.

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                Jun 7, 2004
                  bidster said:
                  Even more importantly....are you in the "I received handwritten communication in the mail before acceptance" category???

No, no handwritten communiques. haha. Just a typed letter from Dr. Frantz thanking me for my thank you note (if you can follow that). Got the "keeping you strongly in mind" stuff.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
                  10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Jun 27, 2004
                  1. Medical Student
                    Rugger81 said:
                    haha ok, before I hit the bottle:

Here are my stats:

GPA 3.62
                    Sci GPA 3.74
                    Chemistry major, graduated Holy Cross in '03
                    37N mcat

I interviewed with Frantz in November. It went really well. We talked about Holy Cross (my undergrad), teaching high school (my current job), rugby, multiple sclerosis (a family member has it). It was a great interview. My tour guide was kind of weird, but I still loved the place. Hope this helps.

awesome congrats!!

I think i need to lay off the board for a few days before i go totally insane

About the Ads

Ames980

10+ Year Member
                    5+ Year Member
                    Jun 10, 2004
                      well done!! its so good to see that this process actually *works* sometimes - work your ass off, have the personality and such to boot and you get into an awesome school.... congrats! :) :)

lulubean

10+ Year Member
                      7+ Year Member
                      Nov 8, 2004
                      1. Resident [Any Field]
                        Rugger81 said:
                        I GOT IN!!!!

Congrats Rugger81!!! I just came home and got the same packet too! I am soooo excited!!!! :D

Good luck to all! :luck:

tommerbommer

10+ Year Member
                        5+ Year Member
                        Dec 21, 2004
                          lulubean said:
                          Congrats Rugger81!!! I just came home and got the same packet too! I am soooo excited!!!! :D

Good luck to all! :luck:

Where do you live, lulubean? (ie. how far did the letter have to travel?)

Anxiously waiting in SF, CA...

BTW: Congratulations! That is awesome news.

lulubean

10+ Year Member
                          7+ Year Member
                          Nov 8, 2004
                          1. Resident [Any Field]
                            tommerbommer said:
                            Where do you live, lulubean? (ie. how far did the letter have to travel?)

Anxiously waiting in SF, CA...

BTW: Congratulations! That is awesome news.

thanks! i actually live about 12 blocks from the school. best of luck for your letter - hope its good news!!!

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
                            5+ Year Member
                            Jun 7, 2004
                              dewzen said:
                              by the way your rugby team was garbage when it was in existence

well, i disagree. but if our performace on the pitch lacked it was only because we spent more time practicing with the keg (and the reason we were disbanded, might i add).

About the Ads
                              This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                              7. This thread is locked.