columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starbright

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how come no one at columbia answers the phone or replys to emails?? how am i suppose to make sure they received all my application materials, such as letters of rec. it's sooo frustrating, i've been calling for two weeks and have written them and no response and haven't been able to get through! anyone else with the same problem? any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

starbright said:
how come no one at columbia answers the phone or replys to emails?? how am i suppose to make sure they received all my application materials, such as letters of rec. it's sooo frustrating, i've been calling for two weeks and have written them and no response and haven't been able to get through! anyone else with the same problem? any suggestions?

My application was mailed out Sept. 19....absolutely NOOOOOO word/letter/e-mail/contact from them. Anyone else with the same problem?

check on their website. they say they only do app status on wednesdays via phone and everyday from a certain email address. i called the number today and got in touch with the dean in one ring---very nice, down to earth guy.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
VClovesteeth05 said:
check on their website. they say they only do app status on wednesdays via phone and everyday from a certain email address. i called the number today and got in touch with the dean in one ring---very nice, down to earth guy.

good luck!

I called on a Wednesday, got a recorded message to email instead, then emailed and never got a response to my email. But I received an interview invite later anyway, so it didn't bother me too much.

well i called today like a million times and never got an answer. i also emailed and saw that they READ My email but dind't bother to respond. oo well...

starbright said:
well i called today like a million times and never got an answer. i also emailed and saw that they READ My email but dind't bother to respond. oo well...

that's a bummer. it says to give them 24-48 hours....keep waiting but don't be too pushy. i actually work at columbia, so it's probably not fair that i said he answered, he probably has caller id and just saw the columbia number and picked up. i didn't ask about my status though (probalby should have since it's been difficult) i had another question.