Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lancer_VII

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to check whether Columbia has received your recs, transcript, and scores? I presume they will e-mail you?

Also, I've gotten conflicting messages regarding their admissions process - that is, are the rolling or not. From their website:

"Does P&S have rolling admissions?
We do not have rolling admissions. Around mid-January, the committee begins to select the applicants to whom the first offers of admission will be sent. There are more highly ranked applicants than the total number of vacancies in the next class. Almost all acceptances and rejections are sent out about the middle of February."

vs.

"The Admissions Committee considers applications in the order they are received, so it's in your best interest to apply as early as possible." - from the Application Procedures page.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

• they won't tell you that your app is complete
  • they will mail you a packet if you get an interview
  • they are not rolling, all that means is that they send out acceptances/rejections all at once
  • they look at your file in the order received for the interview
  • interviews occur year-long, it's just the decisions that are non-rolling

Actually...Columbia notified me via email when my application was complete. Here's what it said...

"This is to inform you that your application has been completed and will be evaluated by the Committee on Admissions, when the Committee reaches a decision on your file we will notify you.
P&S Admissions"

Members don't see this ad :)
The dean does send out those nice post-interview emails to some people too. :)

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
Actually...Columbia notified me via email when my application was complete. Here's what it said...

"This is to inform you that your application has been completed and will be evaluated by the Committee on Admissions, when the Committee reaches a decision on your file we will notify you.
P&S Admissions"

hmm that email sounds familiar. you might be right about that one hehe

They may or may not tell you if its complete... But Ms. Eifler has been super-helpful in telling me if everything that was need was there...

Just my 2 cents.
C