Quantcast

COMBANK progression

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sydney Pierce

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi All,

Maybe I've not searched hard enough, but what does your COMBANK progression look like? How long did it take you to get around the 65% - 70% mark for your average?

I've been steadily working on this (50Q/day) and I have improved my average 9% in a week. Does that seem decent? I have three full weeks left of studying but I am only in the 54% average currently. I just want to get a feel for if I should be worrying about failing my COMLEX - which I take June 24th. I realize that COMSAE tests is a better predictor, but I am curious as to how you were scoring.

Also, I am not going to be reading FA from front to cover but only selected sections for the topics I feel necessary. Is that suicide?

Thx!

linkDO

is in v-fib
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You'll see it start to creep up more as you're reviewing. As for me, it started going up after I was about 300 questions in. The first third of the bank [FYI:there are about 1100 questions total] I started around 55% then went to around 67% for the middle third (not cumulative, just for that third). Now I'm working on the last third and I've gotten anywhere from 65's -85's (again not cumulative). You start seeing similar questions and material that you've already reviewed. And you'll see Sickle Cell about 100 times.

Yea, you probably need to get through all of FA in some form. I definitely recommend it. When you read whole sections at a time you pick up more things and can better distinguish similarities.

Last edited: