Combank step 1 comlex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Veronicacronica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone (or is anyone) using this? Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I thought you said COMLEX 2 (not 1).
My bad.

Hey no worries-
It's what my thread searches pull up too :laugh:.
I guess the Step 1 part is new...But hey, even reading about recent experiences with the other steps might give me some insight. Was thinking just to do the COMSAE retired questions exams or whatever they call them these days to get an idea of the format...But as far as test banks beyond UW that are COMLEX specific (excluding Kaplan)?

Last edited:
hey veronica

After doing two timed sections, the question style is pretty straight forward meaning that there is a little less 2 or 3 step processes unlike UWorld. IMO, a good handful of the question content is a regurgitation of FA; however there is some outside knowledge required.The OM questions are very useful, but the med ethics seems to be a different approach than UWorld. The bad part of combank is that I've already found two errors on questions and the interface is at times glitchy. They do tout that if you score above 62.8%, you'll pass the COMLEX with a > 90% probability. So far, I scored 74 and 80 on 50-all questions/timed. Without using other qbanks for COMLEX I to make a comparison, I found that this one is great resource, but needs improvement. Hope this helps. GL :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hey veronica

After doing two timed sections, the question style is pretty straight forward meaning that there is a little less 2 or 3 step processes unlike UWorld. IMO, a good handful of the question content is a regurgitation of FA; however there is some outside knowledge required.The OM questions are very useful, but the med ethics seems to be a different approach than UWorld. The bad part of combank is that I've already found two errors on questions and the interface is at times glitchy. They do tout that if you score above 62.8%, you'll pass the COMLEX with a > 90% probability. So far, I scored 74 and 80 on 50-all questions/timed. Without using other qbanks for COMLEX I to make a comparison, I found that this one is great resource, but needs improvement. Hope this helps. GL :)

Thanks GL...People that used it for other steps (that I know of) seem to be relatively satisfied. I know some peeps were saying that they thought the step I bank is pricey for the number of Q's available but I figure I'm working on thousands of UW and RX Q's. so less is better for the COMLEX part of this USMLE/COMLEX marathon :p

99-100 %.

haha d***... I think a good % would be above a 70. Since 63% is needed to pass with 90% probability, so I am assuming anything above a 70 would be golden. Best thing to do would be to take a COMSAE, and see how your doing. But as everyone says the COMLEX is a hit or miss exam, so just do the best you can and keep your fingers crossed.