Combined Ba/MD programs.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

barsoum.michael

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Besides SAT scores what do the combined med programs look at? I ask because I do have a better clinical background than most others who apply. I've shadowed a neurosurgeon and watched a few 7 hour brain surgeries. I've also worked with disabled kids at a children hospital. I'm getting a great letter of recommendation from the neurosurgeon and I basically have my mind set on medicine.

My combined math and reading is 1280/1600.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What BS/MD programs are you looking at? Just to be perfectly clear, I'm not trying to discourage you from applying. If you're looking at the top-tier programs like HPME or PLME, then you might have a tougher time getting in than most. What are the rest of your stats?