Combined Critical Care/Anesthesia or Critical Care/ED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Elizabeth1028

busy busy bee
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am interested in peds critical care and am thinking about maybe doing a combined fellowship in peds critical care & anesthesia or maybe peds critical care & emergency medicine, but I'm having trouble finding a list of places that have the combined fellowships (I know there aren't that many).

I know Hopkins has a combined peds critical care/anesthesia and CHOP has combined fellowships for both peds critical care/anesthesia and critical care/emergency medicine. Are there other programs out there?

Thanks!
 
Pittsburgh also has crit/anes combined and it might be one of the strongest from the anesthesia perspective...lots of transplant there. I think Duke might have a program.

Some CCM fellowships will allow you to design your own combined fellowship with the combined help of the other dept, but that might be too soon to start hunting stuff like that down.

The only dedicated ones I know of are Hopkins, CHOP and Pitt.

For combined CCM and Cards, there is another forum post about this 😀
 
Pittsburgh also has crit/anes combined and it might be one of the strongest from the anesthesia perspective...lots of transplant there. I think Duke might have a program.

Some CCM fellowships will allow you to design your own combined fellowship with the combined help of the other dept, but that might be too soon to start hunting stuff like that down.

The only dedicated ones I know of are Hopkins, CHOP and Pitt.

For combined CCM and Cards, there is another forum post about this 😀

My impression is that a lot of programs will work with you. I don't know. I've e-mailed our CCM director about it too ... waiting to hear back.