combining GPAs from 3 different schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BacardiGirl

Go Gophers!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:How does this work?
I attended a community college for my freshman-sophomore years, a state university for my junior-senior years and graduated in 1999 with a BS in Mass Comm, cumulative GPA of 3.1.
Now, I am taking my science/math prereqs at a completely different school. How do my grades add up to one GPA since I have course credits all over the place? I am not a transfer student since I already graduated with a BS and am not enrolled as a full-time student, no major.

Members don't see this ad.

well, the way it works is, you send all of your transcripts to pharmcas and use the magical powers of arithmetic to find your OVERALL gpa from al three schools. it's really not that complicated

well, the way it works is, you send all of your transcripts to pharmcas and use the magical powers of arithmetic to find your OVERALL gpa from al three schools. it's really not that complicated

Ethanol, you've been away for a while - how's everything going ?

Baccardigirl, I don't know exactly, but my thought was that they are just going to add up your classes altogether and calculate your overall GPA. Your degree may be over 10 years old though by the time you apply ( are you applying this year ? ) so I don't know what they would do then. Perhaps, you should contact Pharmcas to find out exactly - afterall, no one here can tell you exactly.

Members don't see this ad :)
:confused:How does this work?
I attended a community college for my freshman-sophomore years, a state university for my junior-senior years and graduated in 1999 with a BS in Mass Comm, cumulative GPA of 3.1.
Now, I am taking my science/math prereqs at a completely different school. How do my grades add up to one GPA since I have course credits all over the place? I am not a transfer student since I already graduated with a BS and am not enrolled as a full-time student, no major.

PharmCAS will go and calculate it all for you. It gets broken up into different aspects anyway and you'll get a nice little overall report that lists GPAs by general subjects (inorganic chem, org chem, microbio, other bio, etc.).

I went to 6 or 7 different schools myself (undergrad, grad school, and then I took my prereqs at 4 different schools), and PharmCAS cranked it out in 2 weeks.

I've taken classes at several colleges too, but my main campus is UCSD. So when I pre-calculated my GPA, I made sure that I converted my semester units to quarter units. Either way works fine, but make sure that you are consistent with either semester or quarter units.