Come back home to Illinois?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GassedOut12

Reaction score
I’m out east, and looking for jobs around Chicago. Lotta places got nuked.

Anybody know places that are like 40 hours truly every week? Maybe one weekend call every six weeks. I’m not interested anymore at the 55 hour work week.

Any part-time work in a hospital that’s not lotta late calls? Heard the Northwestern hospitals do it. Saw advocate stuff but heard the calls were ****ty. Minimal supervision garbage. Don’t want ASC for now.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone can comment on Community Hospital in Munster, Indiana?

Work/life balance?
Group collegiality?
Surgeon relationship?

Members don't see this ad :)
Family mostly. Old friends sort of.

Where would you go in the area if you are trying to find work/life balance? Can DM me.

Let me add. When you get home from work, you got the energy to still go out for dinner. Not just die on the couch and wake up for another day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So is there a spot anybody is content with? I saw Northwest Community was open on their website. Any bad parts right now like jerk surgeons?

Any Northwestern sites that are physician friendly? Or even Indiana by IL? Places where admin is receptive to the docs. Can send me a msg about the good and bad.

Family mostly. Old friends sort of.

Where would you go in the area if you are trying to find work/life balance? Can DM me.

Let me add. When you get home from work, you got the energy to still go out for dinner. Not just die on the couch and wake up for another day.
Jeez I thought it was just me after work

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Well. How many docs have a balance with the rest of society? Only seen in Europe and elsewhere. We are just dogs or workhorses and take some weird pride in it