Come on, I can take it - DAT, chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lanky limbs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, it's my first post so be nice.

I took my DAT on 7/22/10 and submitted my AADSAS application 8/11/10. They say it'll be mailed the 27th. I'm just wondering what my chances are of getting into the University of Minnesota. I'm a native by the way. I've seen the stats for the 2010 class but I'm wondering if someone's heard something on the grapevine about 2011. Here are my numbers:

PAT: 22 (93.8)
QR: 21 (97.6)
RC: 22 (93.2)
Bio: 20 (91.8)
GC: 20 (86)
OC: 20 (84.4)
TS: 20 (91.3)
AA: 21 (97.2)
(What's up with my AA in the 97th percentile? Give me a 23, right? :thumbup: :thumbdown:)

My GPA is 3.51 according to the AADSAS, science GPA 3.61. I'm an English major with a minor in chem and some background in organic chemistry research.

Any thoughts from you all? Should I retake the DAT in a couple months?

Members don't see this ad.

your dat score is okay. I don't see the point of retaking.

20 TS and 21 AA is not amazing but still decent.

Last edited:
your dat score is okay. I don't see the point of retaking.

20 TS and 21 AA is not amazing but still decent.
whatever man....his scores are fabulous.....and his gpa is good too......people on SDN are crazy over achievers.....dont worry bro.....ur fine score wise......maybe a bit behind on submission date

Dont let these people scare you

Members don't see this ad :)
your scores are good. lol I think i am turning into one of those SDN freaks who thinks anything below 4.0 and 25TS is 'average' rofl...

don't retake!

i agree with pinhi, you're good to go.

Me too. There was document posted here few days ago that showed the stat for the class of 2010 for all the dental schools.

DAT of 21, 21, 21 satisfies almost all of the schools for the enrolled students.