Comfortable, active dress shoes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjjDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a specific type/brand of shoe that is fit for for all-day activity but still looks nicer than an athletic shoe?

Members don't see this ad.

Clarks or Sperry

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I second Clarks, and also add Rockports.

I LOVE Josef Seibel brand shoes. They are a European walking shoe brand and are amazing. I'm a little crazy about feet...these have full support, proper arch, no slip sole, wide toe box, high quality leather. You really have to try them on to get it. Dillards carries them. (I'm wearing the Theresa model currently).

I love Danskos. They can be clunky looking, but they do have styles beyond the clog.

I realized that I don't think I've ever seen dudes wearing Danskos, but I went and looked at their website, and they do have dress type shoes for men, as well as the traditional clog. Also, I have tried on a few pairs of the sneakers they now make, and they are not great at all in terms of comfort and support, at least for what I need in an "on my feet all day" shoe.

I realized that I don't think I've ever seen dudes wearing Danskos, but I went and looked at their website, and they do have dress type shoes for men, as well as the traditional clog. Also, I have tried on a few pairs of the sneakers they now make, and they are not great at all in terms of comfort and support, at least for what I need in an "on my feet all day" shoe.

Me either. They were always girl shoes to me. I'll have to check them out, also.

Anybody have a specific type/brand of shoe that is fit for for all-day activity but still looks nicer than an athletic shoe?

Cole Haan Zerogrand shoes are extremely comfortable and good looking. Using them now in my outpatient Ortho rotation which requires business casual attire.

Reactions: 1 user
Cole Haan Zerogrand shoes are extremely comfortable and good looking. Using them now in my outpatient Ortho rotation which requires business casual attire.

have you tried Cole Haan copley oxford shoes?? zerogrand seems a little less dressy for my taste