Comfortable shoes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purduephigam

SuPurdueper Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would imagine your feet need to be the most comfortable part of you, especially in the clinic. For some reason, my feet have been hurting more when I'm standing for long periods of time. I was just curious about what you all recommended for comfortable shoes while in school, or practicing.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not a dental student yet, but I run quite a bit and I wear New Balance and Mizuno... they're GREAT!

Get some Spenco insoles, $20 at any athletic shoe store. You won't believe how wimpy the ones that come with your shoes are! I can be on my feet all day without my back aching.

In clinic we're sitting most of the time, so foot comfort really isn't a huge issue.

Oh, and a lot of my classmates love their Dansko clogs. They're not really my thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
ehhh...converse work just fine. worked 8 hour days on my feet for years and never had a problem

ehhh...converse work just fine. worked 8 hour days on my feet for years and never had a problem

Love my Dansko clogs. I own two pair, and they last forever.

What about for those of us that need to be in business attire at all times?
What shoes do all of you recommend...? aerosoles, easysprit?

What about for those of us that need to be in business attire at all times?
What shoes do all of you recommend...? aerosoles, easysprit?

if you are willing to drop 150 on dress shoes i highly recommend the cole haan loafers with nike air soles. they feel like sneakers especially when walking on hard hospital tile all day.

I have a pair of Born (with two dots above the 'o') shoes...about 100 bucks and like scalpel said...are daayuum comfy. I have had them for 4 years and they look brand new...worn at least once a week since I bought them.

In general, if you want/need an all day long comfortable pair of dressier shoes to wear, you won't find them for $19.99 at payless shoes, I can speak from experience from this one! A good, properly fit/supportive/comfortable pair will start in the neighbood of $100 and go from there.

To keep them going longer, try a pair of the new Dr. Scholl's comfort gel inserts, they're like walking on a mini trampoline!

When you run your own office, just make it easy on yourself and wear scrubs and sneakers. Much more comfortable!

Nike Free 5.0 are the most comfortable shoes ever! They bend with your foot (I don't like the kind that are so hard that my heel slips out when I walk) and have mesh in certain parts of the shoe so that your feet are constantly ventilated. I'm getting ready to get orthotic insoles, and they can easily be put in these shoes because their insoles are removable. The best shoes I've found are these!

Nike Free 5.0 are the most comfortable shoes ever! They bend with your foot (I don't like the kind that are so hard that my heel slips out when I walk) and have mesh in certain parts of the shoe so that your feet are constantly ventilated. I'm getting ready to get orthotic insoles, and they can easily be put in these shoes because their insoles are removable. The best shoes I've found are these!

Love mine too! Its practically like wearing a slipper around all day long:thumbup:

ecco makes the most comfortable dress shoes that i have worn (plus a good running shoe, also). not cheap, but they last forever and are very comfortable.