COMLEX 2 anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctortobee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taken it yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! I Thought It Was Easier Than Step One And Much More Interesting To Study For. I Used Usmleworld, Boards And Wards, And Other Random Study-guide Type Sources. I Scored 616/90 And Was Happy With That And Happy To Get It Out Of The Way.

congrats valsava!

great score and i'm sure it feels good to be done.
do you have any advise? i'm particulary concerned about what the breakdown is like- i.e. how much ob/gyn do i need to study and is surgery represented much at all.
also if you don't mind, how helpful was UW. i'm working on it now and it's tough but donesn't seem very nbome like.

thanks and congrats again!

I thought UW was very helpful insofar as the questions in that q-bank are challenging and really prepare your wit and ability to choose the correct answer. As far as the breakdown of questions on the exam...i'd say it's a crapshoot. one of my friends took it the week before I did and told me there were many head CT pics/questions on his exam and plenty of neuro in general. there was very little of that on my exam. There was less peds than I was expecting. A fair amount of OB/GYN. I had several EKG's on my exam with corresponding questions. I don't know what else to tell you.

good luck,

VAL

DOapplicant said:
congrats valsava!

great score and i'm sure it feels good to be done.
do you have any advise? i'm particulary concerned about what the breakdown is like- i.e. how much ob/gyn do i need to study and is surgery represented much at all.
also if you don't mind, how helpful was UW. i'm working on it now and it's tough but donesn't seem very nbome like.

thanks and congrats again!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm with you on the 27th...

But you guys are starting to make me nervous about not being nervous....

Maybe it's because everyone I've talked to last year and this year who took it said it was easier than step I and I passed that (and so did you if you are taking step 2!).

I am not worried about passing the test....

I didn't do so hot on step 1, and I have decided to do Rads, so I wanted to blow step 2 out of the H2O......

I sure hope that Goljan board review I am going to will help!

jon62781 said:
I am not worried about passing the test....

I didn't do so hot on step 1, and I have decided to do Rads, so I wanted to blow step 2 out of the H2O......

I sure hope that Goljan board review I am going to will help!

Are you applying both allo and osteo and also taking USMLE? If so, you really should take the NBME practice exams first--they are supposed to be good predictors for USMLE.

Best of luck!! (Say hello to my hometown for me...:) )

i have a question to those who surpass step2:
does passing step2 need high clinical experience.
coz i still fell that i'm not a good handel with patients.............

sophiejane said:
Are you applying both allo and osteo and also taking USMLE? If so, you really should take the NBME practice exams first--they are supposed to be good predictors for USMLE.

Best of luck!! (Say hello to my hometown for me...:) )

Am I in your hometown???

I am applying to osteo only, I don't want to hastle with both matches.

What med skool do you go to?

jon62781 said:
Am I in your hometown???

I am applying to osteo only, I don't want to hastle with both matches.

What med skool do you go to?

TCOM, but grew up in Tulsa, just over the lovely aromatic Arkansas river from you guys. ;)

Best of luck next week!

What kind of OM questions were seen on Step II? Please tell me that there aren't a ton of Chapman point questions:)

fozzy40 said:
What kind of OM questions were seen on Step II? Please tell me that there aren't a ton of Chapman point questions:)

I'm wondering the same thing, I just hope there isn't a bunch of cranial or sacral question.

I had 4 straight out Chapman's questions! That was a bit of a surprise but I got three of them for sure! The majority of the OMM diagnosis/treatment questions were indeed Cranial/Sacral. Good luck!