COMLEX 3 March 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackninja

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys. I am new on here. But I had taken Comlex 3 this past week. I don't feel so great about it. I had to study for this exam in midst of busy intense cardiology and MICU month. Is it true that there is generous curve to it or people more often pass this exam? Please let me know. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it two weeks ago and felt like crap when I walked out. I felt confident on very few question and the last section didn't go so hot either. Hopefully it turned out alright.

I took it two weeks ago and felt like crap when I walked out. I felt confident on very few question and the last section didn't go so hot either. Hopefully it turned out alright.
I feel you on that one. :/ I am glad that I have busy in-patient rotation to keep my mind off it. Let's hope for the best.

So... do we get our score this week??? If so, are the score typically released on Thursday or Friday? please let me know. Thanks.

Released today, good bye NBOME!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Any advice from those who recently took level 3? I'm planning on taking it prior to intern year (so June possibly)

Uworld vs combank? How did you study for cdm cases?

Thanks!

If you are taking prior to intern year, I can't comment except you will probably need to put in some hours.

IMO, the best way to prepare for it is to go through your intern year and take it when everyone else is taking. I studied close to nothing and was still able to pass pretty comfortably. For CDM cases, I just did sample cases online. For OMM, I just skimmed through the Green book without doing any questions.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I want to do it prior to intern year only bc I'm doing peds residency and don't want to forget all my adult medicine studying

Thanks! I want to do it prior to intern year only bc I'm doing peds residency and don't want to forget all my adult medicine studying

I am doing peds and I did mine in March during my intern year and that was about perfect for me. I scored very well and off the charts well in the peds section which helped. I thought about taking it before intern year, but ultimately I am glad I didn't. I know someone who failed and they mentioned that they thought they took it too early. But ultimately it is us to you.