COMLEX 3 Prep study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicine 2000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I would appreciate some help. I completed a traditional intership year about 2 years ago. I had health problems that required me to bail out of my residency, and they told me I needed to reapply. Well, I have great medical and school debt. I was told I could obtain a license to practice in my state, and have been shadowing a local doc these past three months to polish my clinical skills.

I need to take and rock, o.k., ACE the comlex step three. Any suggestions for study material or a regime. I'm giving myself as least three months to study, or do you think I require this much time. Also, has step 3 changed much? I checked the website, which noted there will be changes implemented next month, March 2015. Thanks for your assistance in advance!

Anthony

Members don't see this ad.

I just took Comlex III last week; I used Step up to step 3 (read the book and cases associated with each chapter), completed combank (went through ob/gyn, peds, cardio, pulm, GI, and OMM questions twice and others once); read the first half (before the questions) of savarese (the green book) once, then I looked over the chapman points, sacrum, and rib dysfunctions again prior to the test; My test was heavy on Pulm, Peds, and OMM and a lot of other random questions; I think those resources prepared me pretty well; Now I'm just awaiting the results; best of luck

oh I forgot, and tons of parasympathetic and sympathetic innervation (such as how it affects the organs being innervated) and spinal levels associated with

Innervations on step 3, ok, great. Well, I have combank and savarese. I though I could read through Boards and Wards, do some questions. I will look into the step up to step 3 too. Sounds like it was a bear. Good luck and thanks for the insight.