Comlex Ce-ii

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marie337

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took this test today. Wow, I forgot how terrible the questions are. I felt like I was supposed to be reading someone's mind. I had several repeat questions and several very similar questions throughout the exam. There were several words used that I've never even heard used before. Mostly, though, it's just long and tiring and I'm glad to be done.

I did use Combank and I feel that it was good preparation...but we'll see when the scores are released! I will definitely use it again for Step III. The questions are quite similar, although maybe a little better written than on the real test. There were several questions on my exam that were similar to those in the bank also. Overall, worth the money.

Now, if I can just survive the PE next week...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I took the exam also yesterday and I have to agree that the questions were pretty much vague all over the place. I didn't get much of the infamous medical legal questions that everyone was talking about, but instead I got bombarded with lots of tough OMM questions. I have to say that using combank really helped a lot for preparation, and I also had maybe 3 or 4 exact worded questions on the actual comlex from combank.

I took it on friday as well and I thought that COMBANK did a pretty good job preparing me. Even though no one can prepare you when they ask questions including words like "singultus"!

I only hope that I at least matched my step 1 score! I felt like a rough day, but I don't remember how I felt last year. I blocked it from my memory!

Members don't see this ad :)
My favorite question was "Mother has rash and now baby is sick, what is the bug? No description of the rash, nothing more.

I just took the test a few days ago. I agree that it had the most vague and poorly written questions I have ever seen. Also a lot of garbage that had nothing to do with real medicine on my exam that looked like it came out of some law text book. But don't sweat it since I'm sure the other students who took the exam also had a hard time figuring out the vague questions. My OMM questions were extremely difficult as well.

1. Why the heck do I need to know all the different types of alopecia?
2. Did I miss the memo that stated that Latin was a prerequisite for Med School?
3. When is the NBOME going to get highlighting capabilities on their exams?

:boom:

3. When is the NBOME going to get highlighting capabilities on their exams?

At least I had new monitors this year. Last year the testing center I use had old giant monitors with their desktop image permanently burned into it. Highlighting and crossout capabilities would be superb additions, though.

The COMLEX has cross out abilities! I used it during the test. If you click on an answer's text a black line goes through the answer.

The COMLEX has cross out abilities! I used it during the test. If you click on an answer's text a black line goes through the answer.

Hmmm...useful to know, now! Oh well. I probably would have just wound up wasting even more time.