COMLEX II Advise?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO_2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys, I need some help

I'm 4th year DO very interested in Neurology, passed step one (2nd attempt) with a below average score, my paln was to take step 2, by the end of August, and do well on it. Now, due to family issues i have to reschedule it to the end of October. My question is Do I still have a chance to match somewhere in Neuro even if I do not have step 2 scores till January. Or should I just forget about Neuro this year and apply just for rotating internship. BTW, I did a couple of electives in Neuro and I know it is for me and that is what I want.

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

DO_2007 said:

I'm 4th year DO very interested in Neurology, passed step one (2nd attempt) with a below average score, my paln was to take step 2, by the end of August, and do well on it. Now, due to family issues i have to reschedule it to the end of October. My question is Do I still have a chance to match somewhere in Neuro even if I do not have step 2 scores till January. Or should I just forget about Neuro this year and apply just for rotating internship. BTW, I did a couple of electives in Neuro and I know it is for me and that is what I want.

Thank you in advance.

Still have a chance. Go interview, when you do they will ask you when you are taking Step II, most will wait for this bit of information once it happens. But it won't hurt you.

Thank you for your input.

DO_2007 said:

Thank you in advance.

I didn't even take step II until January last year, scores came in after the match. No one I interviewed with really seemed to care. Take the test whenever you are ready.