comlex in <3 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C O M 2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
NBME baseline is 166.

What's the plan of attack? I was thinking making one pass through FA and then Savarese. Is a passing score doable in 2.5 weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

2.5 weeks seems like too short a time unless you forgo sleep and other normal bodily functions. Maybe push the test back?

To be honest, passing is doable if you remotely stayed awake in medical school. If your goal is passing, just take it now. COMLEX has a much better safety cushion than USMLE. While I was taking it, I wondered how anyone in the world can fail it. Many questions seemed to exist solely as a buffer, with the majority of OMM especially so.

Going beyond passing, however, gets exponentially more challenging. If you need a competitive grade, isolate your weak areas with a self-assessment, and hammer them hard with FA and as many questions as you can.

NBME baseline is 166.

What's the plan of attack? I was thinking making one pass through FA and then Savarese. Is a passing score doable in 2.5 weeks?

I would say try a COMSAE to evaluate your baseline, the question style/content is more in line with what the COMLEX should be like when you take the real thing.