COMLEX Level 1 Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Katy.Beheshti

Reaction score
Hello all, I just got my Comlex level 1 score of 470 and a bit devastated, I appreciate if you could help me of what are my options ( My goal was Internal Medicine and now thinking its only Family Med) ... I'm not sure that's why I need your help, please advise of what are my options and what I need to do ... Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, I just got my Comlex level 1 score of 470 and a bit devastated, I appreciate if you could help me of what are my options ( My goal was Internal Medicine and now thinking its only Family Med) ... I'm not sure that's why I need your help, please advise of what are my options and what I need to do ... Thanks
FM
Psych
Path
Rads
EM
Neuro
and yes, even IM.

Members don't see this ad :)
could you please tell me what I should do? I have done USMLE 1 as well and still was waiting for the result. I thought the comlex was much easier and usmle was really hard so now I feel even worse when that score comes up, please help with advice as much as you could thanks

FM
Psych
Path
Rads
EM
Neuro
and yes, even IM.
Do you think most md Neuro programs would take only comlex and one that’s below the average? I’m right at the average but am interested in Neuro and would apply only with a comlex score

Do you think most md Neuro programs would take only comlex and one that’s below the average? I’m right at the average but am interested in Neuro and would apply only with a comlex score
A friend received a 210 on USMLE and today he received his COMLEX 1 score of 451. What would you say are realistic residency options for him that he would have good chance of matching into? All opinions are most appreciated.

As long as you are not awkward af you are fine for IM

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so tired to see such immature posts to resurface again and again. OP use search and you'll see many similar threads. I can't help but wonder how you got in the med.school if you can't put 2 and 2 together and realize that tons and tons - literally thousands every year score 470 and below. They do match. Statistics is everywhere. Have you even looked? And before you ask - no, FM can't even physically accommodate all of them. They do match into tons of other specialties - mostly IM! Sheesh when this sdn created drama about needing to have a 600 to match anywhere except Fm will end? OP you are partially responsible for that hysteria and I hold you personally accountable. An apology is expected from you with a short explanation what you will do to prevent such future threads on sdn. This is the least you can and should do.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm so tired to see such immature posts to resurface again and again. OP use search and you'll see many similar threads. I can't help but wonder how you got in the med.school if you can't put 2 and 2 together and realize that tons and tons - literally thousands every year score 470 and below. They do match. Statistics is everywhere. Have you even looked? And before you ask - no, FM can't even physically accommodate all of them. They do match into tons of other specialties - mostly IM! Sheesh when this sdn created drama about needing to have a 600 to match anywhere except Fm will end? OP you are partially responsible for that hysteria and I hold you personally accountable. An apology is expected from you with a short explanation what you will do to prevent such future threads on sdn. This is the least you can and should do.
wachu talking about, DO with COMLEX below 700 or Step below 270 can only hope to match FM in Wyoming, or maybe North Dakota if you're luck.

Reactions: 5 users
Well, certainly not in CA or a program in NYC, but there are many programs in between that will take you. The thing is just don't be too picky and audition at places where most people don't want to go but have a decent name like say Univ of TX at Galveston.

Could you please contact me and that I can call you , I'm a bit disappointed at myself

Reactions: 1 user

Owned.