COMLEX Level 2 PE Advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hi all current OMS-3 student prepping for COMLEX Level 2 PE. I took a prep course in conjunction with my school but was not successful in getting the approval to take the Level 2 PE. However, I reviewed a lot and practiced a lot. I will not be able to retake the COMLEX Level 2 PE prep course again until April since no slots are available. I have until I believe around June-July to complete it.
However right now I have time to practice after rotations for the PE, however I do not know if I should relay my COMLEX PE until April when I take the prep course. I am not a fan of delaying things and I am concerned whether or not I should give myself ample time to retake it just in case I fail the PE, which I am planning to prep hard for.
I have been studying for the PE from time to time the last 2 weeks and I have 2 more weeks to prep before the PE. Should I delay it to take my school's prep course which has a new 90% pass for the PE or just study it on my own ?

Members don't see this ad.

Your schools prep course only has a 90% pass rate?

Thats below the national average pass rate.

If you are looking for a prep course check this one out: COMPREPMED's Crush the COMLEX Level 2 PE

The delay on your COMLEX PE will not hurt you at all, I took mine in May and had the results before applications went out for residency. Also, with the COVID-19 stuff and them cancelling those tests until early April I wouldn't stress. You will have plenty of time. I would just worry about getting prepared for the ridiculous COMLEX PE and not neccessarily whether taking it in April or May is problematic, you will be just fine on the timeline. Just focus on practicing patient encounters, knowing one OMM technique for each body region, and practicing soap notes.