Comlex Pe Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vash311

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know that alot of people have posted about the USMLE Step 2 CS and I know that the exams are similar, but I wanted to hear from somone who took the COMLEX version. How were the OMM cases? How werw the normal medical cases? Has anyone found out how they did? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I took the exam a few weeks ago. There are 12 patients total for the entire day. They give you 14 minutes to see the patient and 9 minutes to write the note. All of the cases were very straight forward, standard medical cases that you would see in the clinic. No surprises. Some of the patient exams took a little bit longer than others, but I think everyone in my group that tested finished with adequate time. About 1/3 of the cases will have some type of OMM involved, and you will know which patients need OMM when you go into the exam room. All of the OMM is very basic, without any surprises. All in all I didn't think the exam was too bad. They give you a 30 minute lunch break after your first 4 cases. Then you get a 15 minute break after the next 4 cases.

DrSmiles said:
I took the exam a few weeks ago. There are 12 patients total for the entire day. They give you 14 minutes to see the patient and 9 minutes to write the note. All of the cases were very straight forward, standard medical cases that you would see in the clinic. No surprises. Some of the patient exams took a little bit longer than others, but I think everyone in my group that tested finished with adequate time. About 1/3 of the cases will have some type of OMM involved, and you will know which patients need OMM when you go into the exam room. All of the OMM is very basic, without any surprises. All in all I didn't think the exam was too bad. They give you a 30 minute lunch break after your first 4 cases. Then you get a 15 minute break after the next 4 cases.
Thanks for the info. Just wondering, do they provide lunch or do you have to bring your own?

They provide a light lunch (sandwiches/chips/drinks/cookies). They give you a locker for your belongings, but you do not have access to this locker until the entire exam is over, which means that if there is anything you need during the test (gum/medicine/snacks) you have to leave it in the meeting room (where you will also have lunch). So unless you plan on bringing a cooler or bringing a lunch that doesn't require a fridge, you should might just want to consider eating whatever they provide.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you recommend 1st Aid USMLE Step 2 CS to study for it???, or what book did you use??, thanks

DrSmiles said:
Hi, what book do you recommend for COMLEX PE exam

devin2dr said:
Do you recommend 1st Aid USMLE Step 2 CS to study for it???, or what book did you use??, thanks

That's what I used to study for COMLEX PE.

And another thing regarding the OMT cases - you will know which they are because your patient will say, "I have a friend who told me about this thing called OMT, do you think it would work for me?" or something to that effect.

It's a very straightforward exam - don't worry about it. :luck:

DOtobe said:
That's what I used to study for COMLEX PE.

And another thing regarding the OMT cases - you will know which they are because your patient will say, "I have a friend who told me about this thing called OMT, do you think it would work for me?" or something to that effect.

It's a very straightforward exam - don't worry about it. :luck:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!!!! :)