COMLEX COMLEX PE Fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc2be245

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Recently found out I failed the Comlex PE exam. I am applying Emergency Medicine this upcoming year (Currently MS3) and am wondering how badly this will affect me if I have a passing score in by Sept 15 when ERAS opens up? If all other parts of the application are strong do you think this will be a huge factor in getting interviews? I have a good reason for why I failed and will acknowledge it in the application, but just wondering if I am doomed.

Members don't see this ad.

If you can get a passing score before you send out your application, it will very helpful. The issue I have seen on this site is when they fail and then send their application out. This affects the amount of interviews more so because it will take a while before they know you pass. You would be in a better situation interview wise if you can take it and pass it before you send your application out.

Passed on 2nd attempt. Anyone know if it's okay to just submit my step scores and submit comlex late for ACGME programs?

Hello,

Recently found out I failed the Comlex PE exam. I am applying Emergency Medicine this upcoming year (Currently MS3) and am wondering how badly this will affect me if I have a passing score in by Sept 15 when ERAS opens up? If all other parts of the application are strong do you think this will be a huge factor in getting interviews? I have a good reason for why I failed and will acknowledge it in the application, but just wondering if I am doomed.

Sorry to hear this... was it the humanistic section that you did poorly in?