COMLEX PE OMT SCARE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scribblet113

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took PE recently. Attempted OMT on 3 out of 4 indicated case. Completely ran out of time to perform on 4th case. I did document in note I would perform next visit. Has anyone every done this and still passed? Not attempting essentially means a 0. Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

You are fine. I forgot my stethoscope in my previous exam room so I was unable to perform my physical exam on the next case and I still pass. As long as you are not a robot, you are going to pass.

Reactions: 1 users
I performed a rather major physical exam maneuver over the gown instead of under virtually the whole day... and I passed. The PE is a crapshoot but I doubt this mistake is a huge issue.

Reactions: 1 user
I also did omt on three of the four patients that asked for it, i had time on the fourth i just didnt realize she had hinted for it until after the exam so i didnt even put it in my note. I failed to counsel multiple people on smoking cessation, two of which were in situations that plainly warrented it, i did put that in my note though. I felt unsure of what to do for at least a few people. Thought for sure I failed but just found out i passed. I only did omt on the three other patients that asked for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also did omt on three of the four patients that asked for it, i had time on the fourth i just didnt realize she had hinted for it until after the exam so i didnt even put it in my note. I failed to counsel multiple people on smoking cessation, two of which were in situations that plainly warrented it, i did put that in my note though. I felt unsure of what to do for at least a few people. Thought for sure I failed but just found out i passed. I only did omt on the three other patients that asked for it.
When you say you didn't counsel them on smoking cessation but put it in the note, do you mean that you wrote that you did the counseling? Or you wrote that you would counsel them?

When you say you didn't counsel them on smoking cessation but put it in the note, do you mean that you wrote that you did the counseling? Or you wrote that you would counsel them?
I realized I forgot to counsel them while I was writing my soap notes so in my plan I wrote that I need to the counseling for cessation at their follow up visit. I tried to avoid stating I did things when I didn't

If that's the worst thing you did, then you definitely passed. I feel like there's a lot terrible stuff j did/did not do and will not pass