COMLEX PE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StaystrongDO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted some reassurance for this test! Scores don't come out for another 4 weeks or so, but I can't get this test out of my head! I'm hoping for some reassurance that what I did was okay...

1) listened to heart and lungs with the patient sitting... I asked to begin the exam, undraped them to expose the anterior chest, listened to heart and lungs, then tied the gown back up... I did this on all the patients as I completely forgot that you should do it supine... Do you guys think this is wrong?
2) forgot to give a diagnosis one on patient... I explained the plan, but I don't think I gave the patient an exact reason for what was happening...
3) OMM wasn't the greatest

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance here considering all I see in SDN is all about failures!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

...you're supposed to listen to the heart and lungs when the patient is supine? I don't think I've ever done that

Reactions: 1 user
...you're supposed to listen to the heart and lungs when the patient is supine? I don't think I've ever done that
Exactly. That's how I've always done it. Then I read in the COMLEX study book that it should be done supine and then started doubting myself. Guess it's just the stress and the cloud this test puts over you that causes these feelings.

In light of that, you think it's a big deal if I didn't set up follow-up appointments with EVERY patient, and did so to some of them? I asked everyone if they had any questions, but I only verbally set up follow up to a few of them; even though I put follow up appointments in ALL of the notes.

Thanks for the reply!

Exactly. That's how I've always done it. Then I read in the COMLEX study book that it should be done supine and then started doubting myself. Guess it's just the stress and the cloud this test puts over you that causes these feelings.

In light of that, you think it's a big deal if I didn't set up follow-up appointments with EVERY patient, and did so to some of them? I asked everyone if they had any questions, but I only verbally set up follow up to a few of them; even though I put follow up appointments in ALL of the notes.

Thanks for the reply!

That's tough to say since it mainly affects your humanistic portion and that's a subjective score dependent on the patients. I'm guessing that if you built strong rapport with your patients, it probably won't be too harmful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt like I built a rapport... But I guess we'll see. Waiting for this score has been the death of me lol.

Thanks for the reply!

Dude I am in the same boat .
So I am fourth year medical student.
I took the pe on October 27. I am super scared that I failed because I suck at omm. I didn't finish a single note basically I finished the assessment , plan , objective but never the subjective part (such as the family history . I am scared that my physical exam skills was not good .
I didn't do great counseling at all .
Just so scared and worried about match now if I failed the pe ..

So I guess I was wondering what I should do in terms of the interviews and the match . Like I am so scared that I have no idea what to do .
My other scores :
Comlex 1: 553
Comlex 2 ce : 580

usmle 1 : 228
Usmle 2 : 241

Top 1/3 for clinical grades .

Worst case scenario if I failed does this mean I won't match at all ??