Comlex pe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sparkplug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When look the sample SOAP note in NBOME website there is no separate ROS except the info listed under HPI. So, is it ok to write the patient note without ROS?
Thank you so much for your input

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your ROS is in the S of the SOAP.
" A35 yr old female with a PMHX significant for endometriosis presents with suprapubic abd. pain for past 2 days .....blah blah blah (OLDCARTS or whatever you use). Pt. denies Nausea, Vomiting, fever, vaginal discharge.....Blah blah blah."

If unsure of how to write these up you can get the recently published book by JB Reviews written specifically for the COMLEX PE. You can find it at barnes and noble. He had some good acronyms to make sure you hit everything for various parts of the exam.

Also, when I took my exam back in March I found myself writing my SOAPS backwards...getting the A/P out of the way first.....cause missing an entire sectiion looks worse than maybe not having time to thouroghly document the S/O part...At least all the boxes had something written in it that way.

Hope that helps.