Comlex pe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blahwhatever

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the answer to this is posted SOMEwhere on this forum, but I wasn't able to find with a quick search.

How many diagnosis and plans are required for comlex PE? Some people tell me 3 is all you need for full credit, and then I read in a book that you need to put down 5 for full credit.

So which is it? I sometimes difficulty coming up with 5 diagnosis and 5 plans, so should I really worry about always having 5?

And if you counsel them on smoking/diet/exercise, can we put that as part of the plan, "counseled on smoking cessation"? Or that's not sufficient to get full credit?

If you're prescribing medications, can we say it in the most general way possible "will prescribe antibiotics" or "NSAIDs for pain control"... or do we have to say the specific antibiotic, for example "will prescribe amoxicillin"?

Do we get credit for referrals... like "Consult surgery for appendectomy", or "Consult neurosurgery for cauda equina syndrome"?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: