COMLEX practice questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbhbrown

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have USMLE type questions coming out of my butt, but i cant seem to find many COMLEX flavor questions. The underlying concepts for most of questions of both tests seem to be the same but those COMLEX folks ask things a little different than USMLE from the few practice questions I have found. any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished up with kaplan's comlex qbank. 1000 questions. They are definitely easier than the usmle qbank. The answers are much more obvious. I heard also that it isn't representative of the actual comlex, so I'm also doing other sources.

Btw, does anyone know whether doing all of usmle qbank is the way to go for someone taking only the Comlex?

I just finished up with kaplan's comlex qbank. 1000 questions. They are definitely easier than the usmle qbank. The answers are much more obvious. I heard also that it isn't representative of the actual comlex, so I'm also doing other sources.

Btw, does anyone know whether doing all of usmle qbank is the way to go for someone taking only the Comlex?

There is a list [King's/Master? guide to Comlex] going "around" that has a Qbank made up of remembered questions that many swear by and seems to be the most representative, sort of the NBME of Comlex.

I bought COMLEX Review by Modi and Shah... not bad, question based book. So whats up with King's guide????????

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a list [King's/Master? guide to Comlex] going "around" that has a Qbank made up of remembered questions that many swear by and seems to be the most representative, sort of the NBME of Comlex.
I haven't heard of the King's guide to the comlex. Is it a book? Anyone have more info on this?

I haven't heard of the King's guide to the comlex. Is it a book? Anyone have more info on this?

Does anyone know where to find this thing? I looked on ebay and did a google search, but I didn't find anything.

I imagine the 200 questions from NBOME are a good representation of the actual test. They are questions from past exams that they have retired and compiled into the book.

They are 6 years old. A lot has changed. Especially drugs, which they love to test on!

BMW-

I imagine the 200 questions from NBOME are a good representation of the actual test. They are questions from past exams that they have retired and compiled into the book.