Comlex release question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hak2121

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be receiving my comlex 2 score on the 26th. Do I wait until the scores come out to authorize release. Or should I authorize release with only my comlex 1 score in right now and then update the comlex 2 score on the 26th?

Really confused because I’m not sure how long it takes for everything to transfer over especially the night before the 27th

Members don't see this ad.

Authorize now, update when score available. It's almost instantaneous. Honestly, if your score is coming on the 27th, it really doesn't matter at all.

Authorize now, update when score available. It's almost instantaneous. Honestly, if your score is coming on the 27th, it really doesn't matter at all.
Oh ok, so I should authorize the release now but then wait when I receive my scores on the 26th and then assign

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't overthink this. Just apply, assign everything now, and then update / re-release when your new score comes in.
Hey bit of a side question if you don't mind: when PDs see applications, what kind of filters are there? Specifically, is there a filter on passing boards?

Hey bit of a side question if you don't mind: when PDs see applications, what kind of filters are there? Specifically, is there a filter on passing boards?
The filtering system in ERAS is very flexible. You can create filters on most items, and create complex filters on multiple things. This would include the usual suspects like signals, geo preference, type of medical school, exam scores, etc. Could also include specific schools, countries or states (i.e "show me applicants who have something in their application in my state"), have an impact statement, etc. Can also do full text searching of any of the free entry fields.

Perhaps easier to answer is the opposite -- what cannot be filtered against. We can't filter on past step failures -- I can ask to see who has a current failing result on USMLE/COMLEX, but not if there was a prior failing result. The only way to see that is to open the exam report itself. Can't filter on medical school grades, nor on MSPE quartiles, since those are not field defined. Some companies are working on AI models to process documents and pull out standardized info, my experience playing with them is that they were not good enough at it yet (but that's probably on the cusp, and I didn't reassess last year).

Reactions: 1 user
The filtering system in ERAS is very flexible. You can create filters on most items, and create complex filters on multiple things. This would include the usual suspects like signals, geo preference, type of medical school, exam scores, etc. Could also include specific schools, countries or states (i.e "show me applicants who have something in their application in my state"), have an impact statement, etc. Can also do full text searching of any of the free entry fields.

Perhaps easier to answer is the opposite -- what cannot be filtered against. We can't filter on past step failures -- I can ask to see who has a current failing result on USMLE/COMLEX, but not if there was a prior failing result. The only way to see that is to open the exam report itself. Can't filter on medical school grades, nor on MSPE quartiles, since those are not field defined. Some companies are working on AI models to process documents and pull out standardized info, my experience playing with them is that they were not good enough at it yet (but that's probably on the cusp, and I didn't reassess last year).
Dope, thank you so much!