USMLE/COMLEX Comlex resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LWW Publishers

Test Prep Exhibitor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for questions and discussion related to resources for COMLEX. In this thread, LWW will be raffling off one copy of COMLEX Review. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product(s) or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

COMLEX Review: Clinical Anatomy and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine

Osteopathic Medicine Recall

Don’t miss LWW’s complete line of Osteopathic resources:

Foundations for Osteopathic Medicine, 2e

Atlas of Osteopathic Techniques

The 5-Minute Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Consult

The Pocket Manual of OMT

Somatic Dysfunction in Osteopathic Family Medicine

An Osteopathic Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment, 3e

Principles of Manual Medicine, 3e

Members don't see this ad.

Is the osteopathic medicine review organized in a rapid-fire question and answer format? And does it deal specifically and exclusively with topics related to osteopathic manipulative medicine?

Is the osteopathic medicine review organized in a rapid-fire question and answer format? And does it deal specifically and exclusively with topics related to osteopathic manipulative medicine?

Hello--

Yes, the COMLEX Review book is organized in question-and-answer format. The authors wanted to provide an engaging, interactive approach to review. Mnemonics and memory aids are also included, along with over 150 images illustrating key anatomy and osteophatic manipulative medicine techniques.

The coverage focuses on clinical anatomy and osteopathic manipulative medicine, so the book is an excellent companion to another general board review book, such as Step-Up.

COMLEX Review is appropriate for all 3 levels of COMLEX, and the Sections within are keyed to the appropriate level.

Thanks!
LWW

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question about the pictures. For the anatomy, are they mainly color diagrams/drawings or are a few prosections include? Also, for the OMM pictures, are those diagrams/drawings as well or are there some live presenters of techniques?

I have a question about the pictures. For the anatomy, are they mainly color diagrams/drawings or are a few prosections include? Also, for the OMM pictures, are those diagrams/drawings as well or are there some live presenters of techniques?

The goal with COMLEX Review is to provide a concise, affordable review at $39.95 and 268 pages. The anatomy is depicted with black and white all line drawings with some radiographs. We are working on offering some OMM video with another product, so stay tuned for more info.

I'vev heard great things about this book so I don't question the quality of it but since the book was published in Aug 2005, I was wondering if a newer edition was coming out anytime soon. Thanks for everything!

As this book was published in 2005, is there a companion website that goes along with the book with updated information?

As this book was published in 2005, is there a companion website that goes along with the book with updated information?

Hi--the COMLEX Review has no companion website. A second edition is planned but not for another year.

Thanks,
LWW

Thanks for the info! I've asked around and heard great things about this book.

Status
Not open for further replies.