Comlex - Step 2 advice please :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smohamma

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I wanted to know what are the best review books that I should start getting for the Step 2s. I am only planning on taking the COMLEX, and I really want to do my best on this exam (since I am not taking the USMLE). I already know how badly written/ambigious COMLEX q's are but the residency programs I am looking at are osteopathic so I really need to focus on the COMLEX. So please share what should be my main source and etc

For step 1 I used the Kaplan books (going over basic science), goljan for path, and read first aid as many times as I could as if my life depended on it, and I DID Kaplan Qbank/ Combank..... I just got my score and I passed (yay) and happy with it.....

So...now I am looking ahead to step 2 and I don't want to make the same mistakes as I did step one (believing that 6-8 wks is all you need... lol... yeah all I needed to kill myself). So please let me know whats the best way to prepare for COMLEX. Thanks so much for your advice!!!

Members don't see this ad.

No one has any opinion ?!? lol.

Ok, does anyone know... whether Crush and Secrets has new editions every year like FA??

Also, which book they preferred... and why? I have the NMS books... should that with either one the above reviews be sufficient?

Yah. unfortunately no body is telling anything:( I just bought Crush for step 2 today. but worrying about rotation shelf study too. how did u do on Comlex I ?

No one has any opinion ?!? lol.

Ok, does anyone know... whether Crush and Secrets has new editions every year like FA??

Also, which book they preferred... and why? I have the NMS books... should that with either one the above reviews be sufficient?

Have you had a chance to read the other threads? I would read those threads because I think you will find the answers you seek there

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah. unfortunately no body is telling anything:( I just bought Crush for step 2 today. but worrying about rotation shelf study too. how did u do on Comlex I ?

This is a USMLE/COMLEX II forum. There is a Clinical Rotations forum which is better suited to what you are seeking

I did well. Didn't get 600 tho.. which was my goal but close enuff i guess.

I looked around but most people write about USMLE specific. I am still hoping someone will respond. I was wondering is there a new edition to crush every year like FA? I will buy FA when it comes out in October.