COMLEX Step I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Natatiap

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not taking my test until Aug 12 but I started looking over material here and there when I get a chance. I am taking the Northwestern Board review course an I'm using First aid 2007, Micro made ridiculously simple and Goljan Path. I'll get a Q bank later. Beginning my first year I have been using BRS books along with my classes. Is anyone actually going to look at the BRS books to study? Should I even go back to look at them? I feel like there is so much already I dont want to have too many sources but I dont want to miss anything important.

Members don't see this ad.

When you get to selecting a qbank, check out www.combankmed.com. They just released the much-awaited COMLEX Step I qbank. Their Step II and III products have been out for a while, and I found them SUPER helpful compared to the other (very limited COMLEX) material out there.

As far as your other stuff goes, I think the review plan you have set up is fine -- no need to look at the BRS stuff again. Those are more helpful while taking the class than for the exam itself.

Finally, as a side note, if you're taking the COMLEX, you're legally an "OMS" and not an "MS" under the Uniform Title for Osteopathic Medical Students" [(Resolution 298 [A/2006], JAOA)] :). Not all of the COM's have caught up with the notation change from 3 years ago.