Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

comlex testing location

Discussion in 'Step I' started by DOindahouse, Apr 15, 2004.

1. DOindahouse

DOindahouse Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

wondering, if i take step 2 in august, i might be at a rotation at Des Peres, i think which is in st loius.
    where is the closest DO school there, or testing location?????

i have no idea of the area, coming from calif.
    thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrSmiles

DrSmiles Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Either KCOM or UHS. I hear it is a good idea to look into the facilities at the testing school too. Some schools only have tiny desks to take a test in all day (not much fun trying to juggle a test book and answer sheet :( ). I don't know about KCOM (which I think is closer to St. Louis), but I go to UHS and the testing facilites here are nice. Long tables with swing out chairs. Plenty of room for answer sheets and test books.

4. DOindahouse

10+ Year Member

very good points, so how exactly are u from des peres. and does anyone know abt kcom, how far and the facilitys
    thanks

5. tsh52777

tsh52777 Junior Member

KCOM is about 3-3.5 hours drive from St Louis. The testing facilities are long tables with swing out chairs also. Great testing conditions! Sounds like you can't go wrong with either uhs or kcom.

6. DOindahouse

10+ Year Member

3 hrs, jeez, how about UHS, how far? any one know
    thanks all

7. DOindahouse

10+ Year Member

anyone??????

8. DrSmiles

DrSmiles Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    UHS is about 3.5 to 4 hours from St. Louis. Southwest Airlines flies a lot of cheap quick flights from St. Louis to Kansas City (where UHS is located). KCOM is closer to St. Louis, but you don't have the option to fly in.

9. DOindahouse

10+ Year Member

someone today who went to uhs, said its only an hr away from st loous? hmm, i guess ill have to get a map.
    what place has better lodging facilitys close to the campuses, where i assume the test would be.
    i dont think i could fly there cuz then id have to rent another car, to get around, if i drove id just take the car i rent in des peres,

10. DrSmiles

DrSmiles Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    UHS is NOT an hour from St. Louis. Look on a map. Kansas City is on the very western edge of the state/bordering Kansas (hence the name Kansas City). St. Louis is on the very eastern edge of the state.
    If you e-mailed UHS they could set you up to stay with another UHS student and they could probably pick you up at the airport if you want too.

11. tsh52777

tsh52777 Junior Member

Kansas City is definitely 3.5-4 hours from St Louis. And you can fly from St Louis to Kirksville (American Airlines) although it is a prop plane and the flight can be very bumpy. Traveller's hotel is walking distance to KCOM. Otherwise, most of the other hotels are a 5-10 minute drive away. Here are a few of them: Comfort Inn, Days Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Shamrock Inn.