COMLEX vs USMLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mzztiffany

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

My question is, where can I find information from places that will just accept Comlex scores. I have taken just the COMLEX STEP 1 and didn't do amazing. However, because of that I am considering taking both COMLEX Step 2 and USMLE Step 2 (not sure if this is advisable). Otherwise, what places accepts only COMLEX? Anyone know? Or is there a list out there that I haven't found?

Thanks so much!!

Tiffany
 
The reason I am asking is because I was asking someone from Georgetown in DC about their Med-Peds program. They said they won't even consider you if you don't have USMLE scores. I don't know how any of their other programs are such as Pediatrics, Internal, etc.

So I wanted to know if there were any PM&R programs I should just avoid rotating as a medical student at because it would be a waste of time since they wouldn't consider me if I didn't have the USMLE scores.

Thanks for the response!
 
The reason I am asking is because I was asking someone from Georgetown in DC about their Med-Peds program. They said they won't even consider you if you don't have USMLE scores. I don't know how any of their other programs are such as Pediatrics, Internal, etc.

So I wanted to know if there were any PM&R programs I should just avoid rotating as a medical student at because it would be a waste of time since they wouldn't consider me if I didn't have the USMLE scores.

Thanks for the response!

No problems with PM&R and COMLEX