Committee Letter

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by TheDanger, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. TheDanger

TheDanger 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey all,

How bad does it look if your school offers committee letters but you don't send one in? Does this hinder you?

I will be completing AADSAS this summer, but my school doesn't send out committee letters until October. My advisor said that when I send my app out this summer, she will notify dschools that I will have a committee letter sent in the future (dschools will then have the choice of waiting until they get my letter to evaluate my app or just make a decision without seeing my letter). As most of you know, getting this letter takes some effort and at that point next semester I'm not sure I will have the energy to compile a prehealth committee app and go through an interview process at my school for this letter. Although if it would be a hit to my app that I go to a school that offers committee letters and I don't get one, I'll definitely reconsider.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. HaverfoodsDDS

HaverfoodsDDS 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I have a hard time believing a schools health professions committee would wait until October to send out their committee letters (maybe just because mine was excellent and had everything ready for me to go the second I was ready to apply). If that is in fact the case however, I'd certainly bypass the committee letter and get your own individual letters and apply a few months earlier.

4. TheDanger

TheDanger 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My school has 3 different deadlines: One in December, one in March, and one in September. Of course if I had applied to it in March, my letter would be ready by now but I didn't feel prepared enough at that time, so I chose to do the September deadline.

5. pilotdentist

pilotdentist 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Get your own recs and get it in early.

About the ads