Committing to DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolaaa

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be okay to have an acceptance at one school and a WL at another? or do I need to withdraw my WL by April 1?

This is from AACOMAS website:

"Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges are asked to report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions.”

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Guess they weren't satisfied enough with the multiple nonrefundable SUPER DEPOSITS.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if on May 15 aacomas releases which students have an acceptance at another school, does that mean I have less of a chance of getting off of the waitlist for school A because I have an acceptance at school B (even though I would prefer school A)?

So if on May 15 aacomas releases which students have an acceptance at another school, does that mean I have less of a chance of getting off of the waitlist for school A because I have an acceptance at school B (even though I would prefer school A)?
I'm 99% sure it's so people aren't holding multiple seats (received acceptances and submitted deposits for each A). I think if anything, it could get WL movement going.

My interpretation is that AACOMAS will not report to your WL school of your acceptance at the other school. Because “AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its ENTERING CLASS who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions.” I don’t think you would be considered entering class at your WL school yet

Reactions: 1 users
My interpretation is that AACOMAS will not report to your WL school of your acceptance at the other school. Because “AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its ENTERING CLASS who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions.” I don’t think you would be considered entering class at your WL school yet
this makes much more sense! Thank you

Would it be okay to have an acceptance at one school and a WL at another? or do I need to withdraw my WL by April 1?

This is from AACOMAS website:

"Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges are asked to report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions.”
So if someone paid a deposit for school A and got an acceptance after May 15th at school B but has not paid the deposit. Does school A have the right to rescind the acceptance? if someone can help me with that, I'd really appreciate it

So if someone paid a deposit for school A and got an acceptance after May 15th at school B but has not paid the deposit. Does school A have the right to rescind the acceptance? if someone can help me with that, I'd really appreciate it
I believe it's the other way - having a deposit in school A will make school B rescind your acceptance.

School B may know you have placed a deposit elsewhere, but won't know it is School A. They can only find out AFTER they extend an offer to you.

You won't really set off warning lights unless you deposit at School B. If that's the case, school A would check in with you and wonder if you are still committed. If you don't respond to them, they would rescind your offer, but they would likely warn you first. School B may also check up on you.

So respond and be honest. You can't go to two medical schools (the debt would be too damn high).

If you have an acceptance at School A and a waitlist at School B on May 15th, School B won’t know about your acceptance at School A unless they also offer an acceptance and you make a deposit. But if you make a deposit at School B, both schools will know about each other and can rescind their offers, so you must choose one. If you would prefer School B, it’s a good idea to send them a letter of intent even if you’ve made a deposit at School A.

If you have an acceptance at School A and a waitlist at School B on May 15th, School B won’t know about your acceptance at School A unless they also offer an acceptance and you make a deposit. But if you make a deposit at School B, both schools will know about each other and can rescind their offers, so you must choose one. If you would prefer School B, it’s a good idea to send them a letter of intent even if you’ve made a deposit at School A.
Thank you all. So basically it's a problem if I have made two deposits at two schools by May 15th. I've sent a letter of intent to School B but I haven't heard from them yet :(

Thank you all. So basically it's a problem if I have made two deposits at two schools by May 15th. I've sent a letter of intent to School B but I haven't heard from them yet :(

If School B is your number 1, you can make a deposit with them after May 15th if they accept you. Just make sure to cancel with School A on the same day. Schools pull from the waitlist all summer, so don’t lose hope.

• Care
If School B is your number 1, you can make a deposit with them after May 15th if they accept you. Just make sure to cancel with School A on the same day. Schools pull from the waitlist all summer, so don’t lose hope.
gotcha thank you!