Communication from Vanderbilt

Started by vivella
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm really interested in Vandy, seemed like a good place to post.

Do you guys have an idea of what grades/scores makes you competitive? Do they publish step 1 scores or a cut off score?

Forgive my ignorance lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received e-mail saying I was ranked very high or something (I interviewed research track).
 
I'm really interested in Vandy, seemed like a good place to post.

Do you guys have an idea of what grades/scores makes you competitive? Do they publish step 1 scores or a cut off score?

Forgive my ignorance lol

Most places don't publish those sorts of things (the only one I know of off the top of my head is Cleveland Clinic, which says their average Step 1 is around 248).
 
I'm really interested in Vandy, seemed like a good place to post.

Do you guys have an idea of what grades/scores makes you competitive? Do they publish step 1 scores or a cut off score?

Forgive my ignorance lol

I had a similar question to this recently. I did a bit of research and reckon it's impossible to gain any consensus - even within programs, I don't think people know what the mean scores are. Both FREIDA and NRMP are fairly unreliable as both give the indication that, once you score over 220 or 230, you'll match somewhere, but there's no information available for the individual programs.