communications vs english courses

Started by Tonkamoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tonkamoo

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't find this in another thread.. Does anyone know the explicit difference between a communications course vs a english course? I'm trying to figure out which pre-reqs I need to take this spring for schools I've applied to, and ideally I could just take an english course and have it count for either.
On Purdue's list of requirements it says:
"Communication (interpersonal, persuasion or speech)", so I wasn't sure if a presuasive writing course would count.

I plan on asking schools directly anyways before I enroll in a class just to be safe, but first wanted to check if any of you guys knew the answer already. Thanks!