Community College Credit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bryantje

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated from vanderbilt 2 years ago, and the only two courses that I lack before I can matriculate in dental school are microbiology/histology/comparative anatomy (choose 1 of the 3) and an english course. The website of the school to which I am applying is not very specific as to its community college credit policies and I just am curious if there is anyone out there in a similar situation. Thanks! PS I just want to know if these classes would satisfy the requirements

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated from vanderbilt 2 years ago, and the only two courses that I lack before I can matriculate in dental school are microbiology/histology/comparative anatomy (choose 1 of the 3) and an english course. The website of the school to which I am applying is not very specific as to its community college credit policies and I just am curious if there is anyone out there in a similar situation. Thanks! PS I just want to know if these classes would satisfy the requirements

idk what schools you applied to but Midwestern has no problems w/ CC credits. When I was applying, Tufts was the only school that i recall having a serious problem w/ CC courses.

right UT Memphis is where I'm applying...unless you live in tennessee or arkansas I doubt you know much about their policies. For a college graduate who did well on all the other prereqs at a 4 yr school I have a hard time believing that they would have a problem with it

Members don't see this ad :)

You are not serious about taking micro/histo/anatomy at a CC, are you?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=527335

Last edited:
You are not serious about taking micro/histo/anatomy at a CC, are you?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=527335

there is no problem with taking CC courses for requirements; at least as far as Midwestern is concerned. I suggest that you take a really good anatomy course because it will pay off in spades your 1st year of dschool. there are a lot of CC courses that are as good or better than some 4 year programs.

not saying that every single requirement should be taken at a CC; however if you need a couple and its more convienient, no worries...unless you wanna go to Tufts.

idk what schools you applied to but Midwestern has no problems w/ CC credits. When I was applying, Tufts was the only school that i recall having a serious problem w/ CC courses.

I took one english class and 1 psychology class at a CC over summer, does that mean I can't apply to tufts at all? I plan to take another english at my 4 year prior to matriculation. Is Tufts a school I should even look at in my case?

I took one english class and 1 psychology class at a CC over summer, does that mean I can't apply to tufts at all? I plan to take another english at my 4 year prior to matriculation. Is Tufts a school I should even look at in my case?

i recall them not accepting ANY CC credits. as long as they are not pre-reqs i wouldnt be concerned, unless they require psy or eng in which yes, you're done for.