Community college online vs Harvard extension

Started by Thanxalot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thanxalot

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m thinking of taking 1 prereq at my local community college due to cost, but I’m worried that it being online and a CC is a double negative. Would it be viewed very unfavorably? I know some med schools accept CC courses, but I’m not sure they’ll accept an online CC course. Should I go the Harvard extension route that’s online? Only avoiding it due to cost. I believe it’s a more reputable online program (correct me if I’m wrong). Again this is for just 1 prereq (physics).
 
Some schools don't accept any CC credit, but assuming you're applying to places that accept it, I don't see a reason why 1 class would be a big deal. You shouldn't overthink this. The people reading your application are humans and not (only) prestige hounding