Community college Physics course - Lecture only?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carryonbag

UC Davis c/o 2025
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I need to take a Physics 2 pre-req class for vet school, but I'm only required to take the Lecture version, and community college is fine. For the life of me I cannot find a single community college that's offering Physics 2 without also including the lab together. It'll probably be nice to take the lab part too, but I'm juggling a few big things right now, and I'm trying to be unambitious and fulfill the bare minimum (also because it's physics...ha.) I'd imagine most community colleges are operating online right now, which means I should be able to take it anywhere, there must be one somewhere? Please let me know if you come across one, thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Not a community college, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to take the physics lab concurrently with the lecture at George Mason University

I'm not sure how they're operating right now but look up New River Community College, their science classes have separate registrations for lecture and lab so you don't have to do both

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that SUNY Old Westbury has separate courses for Physics Lab and lecture.

I know that SUNY Old Westbury has separate courses for Physics Lab and lecture.
Thanks @WonderingStudent ! I checked and it seems that SUNY is charging almost $800/credit for out of state, which will mean $2400 for the physics class! Unfortunately out of my price range, but I see it's lecture only and has a well rated professor!! Darn it!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure how they're operating right now but look up New River Community College, their science classes have separate registrations for lecture and lab so you don't have to do both
thanks @PetVet23 , I checked but it seems that their physics classes are 4/5 credits (descriptions include Lab)... maybe it's changed now that it's an online format :(