Community College question!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tonypercocet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it feasible to go straight into a Pharm D program from a community college? I will have all the pre-reqs done and I have already taken the PCAT once and was in the 88th percentile (will be taking a second time anyway for a higher score). My Cum is a 3.9 Science is a 4.0. Is it absolutely necessary to take your sciences at a public college or 4 year school?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it feasible to go straight into a Pharm D program from a community college? I will have all the pre-reqs done and I have already taken the PCAT once and was in the 88th percentile (will be taking a second time anyway for a higher score). My Cum is a 3.9 Science is a 4.0. Is it absolutely necessary to take your sciences at a public college or 4 year school?

Yes it's possible, and no it is not absolutely necessary to take the sciences at a 4 year school.

Congratulations on a very nice PCAT score, also. =]

Sure it's feasible. Especially with a PCAT like that to back it up.

In the future when talking about your cummulative gpa, don't refer to it as your Cum...

I'm 24 yrs old I swear.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure it's feasible. Especially with a PCAT like that to back it up.

In the future when talking about your cummulative gpa, don't refer to it as your Cum...

I'm 24 yrs old I swear.

LOL at least say cum. gpa and don't forget the dot.

if you have all of your pre-requisites and a good PCAT score and also a great GPA, i don't see why you wouldn't be accepted.

Search function? WAMC thread? No?

Well, yeah, you have a good chance. What is your exposure to pharmacy?

I'd say slim to none, and trust me, I would know

At age 12 I weighed 319 pounds, I had bad skin, low self esteem and no self respect. Now, I eat success for breakfast, with skim milk.

At age 12 I weighed 319 pounds, I had bad skin, low self esteem and no self respect. Now, I eat success for breakfast, with skim milk.

Why are you even on the pharm forums if you're pre-med?

boxxy-trolling.jpg

OP-Yes, you can get into a pharmacy school with those stats. Pharmacy experience would help though. And make sure you prepare for the interview, because blowing the interview will land you on a pretty little waitlist. Not fun.

if you people knew anything about anything then you would know that tony percocet is ben stiller from heavyweights, and what I said was a quote from tony.

Get a life and watch move movies, and anyone who says the word "trolling" can suck my hose and berries

if you people knew anything about anything then you would know that tony percocet is ben stiller from heavyweights, and what I said was a quote from tony.

Get a life and watch move movies, and anyone who says the word "trolling" can suck my hose and berries

I have a life. It's called working out and going to school.

My bad on missing the reference. But Heavyweights sucked anyway.

I'm going straight to pharm school from community college... it's def. possible. :D

I was accepted from CC into Samford, so it's very possible. If you have any pharmacy experience whatsoever and some volunteer stuff, you should be fine.

Perhaps the densest statement anyone has ever posted.

I also see nothing wrong with "trolling". I believe "To Troll" is a verb in many languages. Perhaps Cali can help us out with the Spanish root. Is it a cognate?

I was accepted from CC into Samford, so it's very possible. If you have any pharmacy experience whatsoever and some volunteer stuff, you should be fine.

May I ask what your PCAT scores were? I'm trying to do the same thing but the PCAT is giving me problems although I have a cum. 3.96 and 4.0 science and math. But yeah, it is definately possible. At least 3-4 get in from my CC every year but the reputations of the teachers help out a lot...