community college vs. regular college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PREMEDWOAHS

dare to dream
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay so I was just accepted to a special A.B.A. Psychology (applied behavioral analysis) program at my college. this requires me to take 4 classes of psychology that are strictly assigned to me. it also gives me research. so far i have taken bio 1 and 2 and a&p1 at my school. will it hurt/look bad if i take the remaining premed courses at community college at home?

Members don't see this ad.

okay so I was just accepted to a special A.B.A. Psychology (applied behavioral analysis) program at my college. this requires me to take 4 classes of psychology that are strictly assigned to me. it also gives me research. so far i have taken bio 1 and 2 and a&p1 at my school. will it hurt/look bad if i take the remaining premed courses at community college at home?

I'll take care of you before you get flamed!

"No."

I'll say no, but this has been a big battle between many folks. A few classes aren't going to do a darn thing IMO. Some students take or even re-take their pre-reqs in CC, and go on to medical school.

Now run, hide, and "search" next time! (Please)

well im glad i got a repsonse fast so let me ask my secondary question..when i transfer credits from community college to my real college are the grades going to appear bc from what im aware, the grades dont transfer, only credits do, but i also heard they send your community college transcript with the regular one when its requested.

Members don't see this ad :)
well im glad i got a repsonse fast so let me ask my secondary question..when i transfer credits from community college to my real college are the grades going to appear bc from what im aware, the grades dont transfer, only credits do, but i also heard they send your community college transcript with the regular one when its requested.

I'm kind of lost, but I'm going to make sense of it the best I can.

You transfer your CC grades to a University by requesting a transcript. The courses that I've had transfer to a university both show grades and credits. Some courses may not transfer anything. You need to make sure before you take them.

When you complete AACOMAS or AMCAS you've got to send both transcripts, eventhough you had your CC credits transferred to a university.

you answered it. sorry for the confusion.

AACOMAS doesn't care about transferred classes. What they want is what's on each and every transcript.

As an example, I have an associates degree in accounting; a bulk of those credits transferred to my current college. I'm only listing those credits where I actually took them, and not under the section for my current college.

Therefore, it doesn't really matter where you take what classes for AACOMAS. It could affect your degree though.

I know the question was answered, but I spent the last several days e-mailing AACOMAS about it.