Community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JSizzles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I retake a semester of bio and chem that I messed up my freshman year or take microbio and biochem at the local community college? The retakes bump me up from a 3.0 to a 3.33. Biochem and micro are higher level but I would do them at the community college which would be better?

Members don't see this ad.

Bio and chem were at the university level

Should I retake a semester of bio and chem that I messed up my freshman year or take microbio and biochem at the local community college? The retakes bump me up from a 3.0 to a 3.33. Biochem and micro are higher level but I would do them at the community college which would be better?

Community colleges don't typically offer upper division credits. Theres really no difference between 100 and 200 level course. Retake your courses wherever you can afford to. I called 10+ DO school admissions offices one-by-one and asked them if the committee would have a problem w/ a CC retake and they said it makes no difference as long as the courses were equivalent (check your university transfer equivalency guides to make sure!!!). In my case it was literally half as expensive so I retook them at a CC. Most schools said if you're gonna take micro, genetics or biochem, it'd better be at a university level 300+.