Community college

Kingman123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I'm going to be a senior in high school next year and I was wondering if I should take some courses like general biology and general chemistry at my community college (pseo). Will this hurt my chances for medical school in any way?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey so I'm going to be a senior in high school next year and I was wondering if I should take some courses like general biology and general chemistry at my community college (pseo). Will this hurt my chances for medical school in any way?

Thanks!
Possibly. Many medical schools do not like you taking pre-req courses at CC.

If I choose to go this route, I will be taking upper level coureses in biology and chemistry to make up for the pre reqs, will it still hurt me if I choose to do this?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I choose to go this route, I will be taking upper level coureses in biology and chemistry to make up for the pre reqs, will it still hurt me if I choose to do this?

You can't make up for the pre reqs. There are many MD schools that will not accept community college credit. So it'd be wise to take some other classes that aren't considered pre requisites to medical school.

don't do it if you plan to go to a 4 yr university for undergrad