Community Pharmacist salary in El Paso?

Started by minette
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anyone knows the pharmacist salary in El Paso (with a chain)?

Don't know the exact numbers, but have a friend who relocated there right after graduation (also retail chain). He says the salary's very good as compared to the cost of living, and he really likes it there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!

Be careful. I don't know if you have are aware of the Mexican drug cartel related violence and crimes, but border towns are hardest hit. You may want to delve a little deeper. I get recruiting stuff left and right for some of these places. A lot of people jump ship as soon as the sign on bonus is in the bank or when they are shell shocked. When something looks too good...
 
Is El Paso one of the cities that is easier to land a job? Like Brownsville? (By easier I mean possible. LOL..)
 
El Paso, Brownsville, Laredo, border towns in new Mexico and Arizona.... It's no secret what is going on there. If you are young, single, don't mind added risk for a higher pay, it's an option. I wouldn't move there with my wife, son and another baby on the way however.
 
El Paso, Brownsville, Laredo, border towns in new Mexico and Arizona.... It's no secret what is going on there. If you are young, single, don't mind added risk for a higher pay, it's an option. I wouldn't move there with my wife, son and another baby on the way however.

I am sure they require you to speak Spanish if you wanna work there right? 99.9% hispanic people there?
 
I received an offer from Walgreens a couple of weeks ago for $119,600 at $57.50 an hour @ 40 hours a week. But, I was told that if I was willing to pick up hours in Las cruces, New Mexico which is about 30 minutes away they will pay me $61.25 at the New Mexico store. Reason being that Walgreens in El Paso does not make as much money as the Walgreens in NM.
 
I received an offer from Walgreens a couple of weeks ago for $119,600 at $57.50 an hour @ 40 hours a week. But, I was told that if I was willing to pick up hours in Las cruces, New Mexico which is about 30 minutes away they will pay me $61.25 at the New Mexico store. Reason being that Walgreens in El Paso does not make as much money as the Walgreens in NM.

lol thats a difference of like 4 bucks an hour or 32 bucks in a day. ya im sure that 32 dollars is suuuuuuch a big difference to them. like they wont make that difference in 5 minutes.
 
Be careful. I don't know if you have are aware of the Mexican drug cartel related violence and crimes, but border towns are hardest hit. You may want to delve a little deeper. I get recruiting stuff left and right for some of these places. A lot of people jump ship as soon as the sign on bonus is in the bank or when they are shell shocked. When something looks too good...

Sadly I have to agree. Really think about taking a job in a border town, especially that one...

The drug cartels are a real threat that people don't take seriously. They think because they're on the US side they don't have to worry. It couldn't be farther from the truth. I can't tell you how many random bodies they find behind dumpsters, left in burning cars, lying in a ditch, hung from a tree....and that's here. We are 45 minutes or so from the border.

The drug smuggling is really heavy and with drugs and money comes violence. I wouldn't raise a family there.
 
I was born and raised in El Paso. Much of my friends start off at around 120K at the big retail chains. If you have any questions feel free to message me.