Commuting during COVID-plagued D1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saskatche-1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, so my dental school has said that lectures will be online and labs will be in person. Judging by prior years, I'll most likely have in-person classes 3 times a week. With this in mind, along with the fact that the school's city is gonna be keeping bars, restaurants, and most other social gathering spaces closed for at least all of Fall, is it worth spending 10k over the course of D1 to live a 3-minute walk to campus considering there are no social benefits? Or is it more worth it to commute 45-1hr 3 times a week and back? I'm genuinely curious as to what I should do. Any advice/insight into something I'm overlooking would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all, so my dental school has said that lectures will be online and labs will be in person. Judging by prior years, I'll most likely have in-person classes 3 times a week. With this in mind, along with the fact that the school's city is gonna be keeping bars, restaurants, and most other social gathering spaces closed for at least all of Fall, is it worth spending 10k over the course of D1 to live a 3-minute walk to campus considering there are no social benefits? Or is it more worth it to commute 45-1hr 3 times a week and back? I'm genuinely curious as to what I should do. Any advice/insight into something I'm overlooking would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I’m all for saving cash, I think it’s smart that you are thinking outside the box. I would say for Fall, that makes a lot of sense.

I would also keep in mind though, that spring may be a different story. I would look at a 6 month lease or a flexible living arrangement in case things change.

Reactions: 1 user