Commuting from NYC to UMDNJ this fall?

Started by sabra48
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sabra48

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone currently attending UMDNJ lives in NYC and would like to carpool next fall to help defray the cost of tolls. Alternatively, if anyone in UMDNJ sees this post and thinks it's a bad idea to commute from the city to Jersey, please don't hesitate to give input. I would really like to hear some feedback as to whether it's totally fine and people do it, or it totally sucks and those who tried it eventually just moved to Jersey.

Thanks for any help👍
 
I don't have any experience with this, but I personally recommend moving to NJ for financial reasons. You could become an in-state resident after one year and pay in-state tuition for the remaining 3 years. I think that outweighs everything else, since there is a significant difference between in/out of state tuition prices at UMDNJ. Just my personal opinion.