Commuting to school help!!!

Started by Lesa123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lesa123

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is driving to school 1 hour and 20 mins too much?? Please advise. I was accepted into a pharmacy school that's a bit far but currently don't have the money to move there please advise!! [emoji53]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty sure there is no maximum, start with federal and finish with private... It's the true American Dream.
 
Is driving to school 1 hour and 20 mins too much?? Please advise. I was accepted into a pharmacy school that's a bit far but currently don't have the money to move there please advise!! [emoji53]

I commuted 60-70 minutes each way to pharmacy school, every day for the first two years of a 3-year accelerated program. At first it was a lot to manage, but I maxed out my time by recording audio of the lectures on my phone, then listening back to them on the road. Pharmacy school is a 24-hour a day job - accelerated, anyway.

For the third year it was mostly all therapeutics, which is a beast - you can't lose 3 hours of precious time every day and still study enough. By year 3 I had made enough friends to crash with people that lived by school, which is a real benefit especially before tests. Hope this helps a little.
 
That's my commute for my day job. If you want something bad enough you'll make time. Try looking into carpool/rideshare options.