COMP alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.ImCute

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone on the list? I'm just wondering about stats n' stuff... also if anyone has recently heard back from COMP yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr.ImCute said:
anyone on the list? I'm just wondering about stats n' stuff... also if anyone has recently heard back from COMP yet.
I was accepted and will probably be going to COMP. The class of 2008 was sent an email and it had 211 people on it for a class of 200. I am sure many people will withdraw so keep the hope. :thumbup:

Dr.ImCute said:

I interviewed 3/25. A week later I found out that I am on-hold, which I think is the alternate list. I got accepted on 4/23.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Humm, on hold? I heard that there were different types of wait lists at COMP. Someone I interviewed with at TUCOM told me that there is a wait list, and an alternate list... but now, perhaps a hold list?

Does anyone know what the differences are?

I believe waitlist = alternate list
during my interview I was told there were only 3 categories post-interview, accept, reject and alternate

Dr.ImCute said:
Humm, on hold? I heard that there were different types of wait lists at COMP. Someone I interviewed with at TUCOM told me that there is a wait list, and an alternate list... but now, perhaps a hold list?

Does anyone know what the differences are?

As I understand it, if you are on a waitlist (also called alternate as per the brochure they gave us on interview day, and my scribbles on it), you are waiting for seats to free-up and then they will offer you a position. If you are on hold, they will review your file again and then make a decision. On-hold u are not waiting for other people who have already been accepted to decline their seats..which may be as late as june. on-hold, u are more likely to be a) have a decision relatively sooner b)it kind of means that they like u more to want to review it again at a later time, rather than staight away being a waitlist or reject. in that sense u have more chances of being accepted.

this is my understanding of it, based on my interaction with COMP people and the stuff they printed out.hope it helps.
Good luck to u!

Comp's class this year is 215, not 200. I wonder where people get this info...

I thought it was 176 for some reason... I think I read that somewhere...

Wait, COMP sent out an email to the incoming class? I was told of my acceptance last week over the phone and I didn't get an email! I still haven't received my acceptance letter in the mail.

Dr.ImCute, you sure are! Phew! Are you the one on the left or right? Persian? Hispanic?

butters-- The email was sent out months ago, and was just to notify us of the tuition change to A CRAZY AMOUNT! but it was sent out to BOTH alternate list ppl, and accepted ppl, because I got the email too.

haha... I'm on the right.

ur Silly :laugh:

Were you put "on-hold" or were you on the "alternate list"? I'm stressing about getting a spot... :(